Monday, August 2, 2010

Move is over...now to unpack!


OK, we've been here for a month, and I DO have the kitchen unpacked and (somewhat) organized. Last night I actually made chili! I know that many of you are living in areas with sweltering temperatures but we are now on the Central Coast of California and it's COOL here! In more ways than one, actually! :)

In the picture above, at the beginning of this post, you can see what it looks like from our front porch on a sunny day....the marine layer is hanging over the ocean but has rolled back far enough to allow some sunshine.

In the picture below, the beach on a cloudy day:


The hottest it's been so far this summer is 77 F, at least since we've been here. I know that it CAN get hotter, but I think it's rare.

Of course, this was one of the main reasons we moved here....the cooler, cloudier climate seems to help control my lupus and Lyme disease symptom flares.

We're still in the process of settling in, and it will take some time to finish unpacking everything. At least I'm able to start cooking my own gluten free foods at home again. Soon there will be time to experiment with new recipes and to update my blogs as well!

I hope that all of you are enjoying your summers, and staying gluten free, wherever you are!

No comments: