Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yes, I'm still alive....and in Idaho!

Beautiful Boise

Sorry about the very long gap in my posts.... 2011 has been quite a year for me!  So many changes... I'll just mention a couple of the big ones.

First biggie: I've had to stop working due to my health issues.  The kindest employers in the entire world had been letting me work from home (from BED!) on my laptop for an entire year, but by April I was feeling so ill and having so much trouble being on the computer that I ended up on long-term disability leave.   Of course I'm still depressed about it, but that's life!

Second biggie: Due to changed financial circumstances, we moved from Pismo Beach, CA to the somewhat-less-expensive town of Kuna in Southern Idaho:


main street in Kuna
Kuna and the other towns in the greater Boise area are great, don't get me wrong.... but I do miss the ocean and the mild weather!  However, my adopted special-needs kiddos are getting GREAT services here, my husband is in seventh heaven because he's a fan of Boise State Bronco football, and I LOVE being close to one of my adult daughters and her family, plus several other relatives who live in Idaho.

Yes, we are still gluten free.... in fact I'm still aspiring to be entirely grain free, because I feel better that way, but it's been difficult to cook much because of my illnesses so I've had to rely heavily on take-out foods at times, especially chicken enchiladas with ranchera sauce from El Gallo Giro and gluten-free pizza and pasta from Smokey Mountain Pizzeria.  Yummy but grain-based!

I intend to continue to post here as often as I can.  I do have a few new recipes to share with you here; they will also be posted over in my Gluten Free Recipe Archive.

More soon!

3 comments:

RissaRoo said...

Yea! You're closer to us now! And I *love* Smokey Mountain Pizza, we have one here too. We drive through Boise every year in the summer, it's a nice place!

JoAnn said...

Erika, it's great to hear from you! I haven't been around the blogging world for quite a while, but just peeked at your blog again... wow!

So much going on! And what a blessing you and your family must be to those little ones!

Yes, we ARE much closer to you now! :)

Boise is a nice place....we've been here since the beginning of August and it's been great!

As for the move to get here, well.... that's the first and LAST time I ever pay someone to pack my belongings for me!! But otherwise things went pretty well, considering the long-distance move. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh your post took my heart away! keep up the good work.
http://www.canieathere.com/