Monday, January 25, 2010

Gluten Free, Grain Light Menu Plan for 25 Jan 2010


My first menu post in quite a while....if you're still patiently sticking with me, thank you!

This past weekend I managed to make a couple of large meals in the Crockpot: a pot of the Obama family chili (pictured above at the beginning of the Crockpot cooking period) and a pot of barbecue beef (about a 5 lb roast) using my homemade gluten free barbecue sauce. The chili leftovers go fast for lunches and I plan to use the leftover barbecue beef for a dinner.

I have not yet been successful at going entirely grain free, but we are definitely eating grain light these days. There are still corn chips and corn tortillas around the house (and I eat them occasionally), as well as Rice Chex. But I have completely stopped using grain-based flours except for the very rare use of small amounts of cornstarch or sweet rice flour for thickening. I have gotten to the point where I rely entirely on almond flour and coconut flour for all of my baking now.

Monday: Barbecue beef sandwiches (homemade sauce) in grain-free flatbread (pictured above), salad

Tuesday: Fish tacos, guacamole, salsa, salad

Wednesday: Garlic chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli




Friday: Grain-free pizza (pictured above - toppings like gluten-free pepperoni, ham, sliced chicken meatballs, bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, etc.), salad

Saturday: leftovers

Sunday: Kay's Parmesan-crusted chicken (using crumbs from grain-free biscuits!), baked potatoes, green beans stir-fried with red bell pepper strips

No comments: