Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blog envy

Yes, I have the green-eyed monster hiding under my bed....jealousy. I've been blog-hopping a bit too much lately, which is a pleasant way to lose hours of time better spent organizing paperwork or cleaning closets, no doubt.

As I jump from blog to blog, I run across sites with GORGEOUS photography, such as Muddy Boot Dreams, by the talented Jen, or the achingly beautiful images of Diane Varner on Daily Walks. And other blogs, like What's Cooking? (Kayotic Kitchen) by the "Dutch Girl", Kay, or the wonderful, homey sites maintained by Sandra (Full Bellies, Happy Kids and Diary of a Stay-At-Home Mom), or the Year of CrockPotting by Stephanie, combine professional-grade photography with wonderful recipes and make me feel that my own efforts in that direction are seriously lacking in every way imaginable.

And still others: Erica, of These Three Remain, along with the lady who is the Unknown Contributor and Sara with her Much Ado about Something, and all those others whose writings and photos, infused with humor, pathos, intelligence, sensitivity, and faith in God, provide us with glimpses into their souls....I am humbled by them.

Does anyone else out there know what I'm talking about?

No comments: