Sunday, February 15, 2009

Recent culinary successes

Well, I mostly stuck to my menu plan this week. The kids had leftovers last night, while DH and I had broiled lamb chops, mashed baby red potatoes topped with caramelized onions, and peas cooked with garlic and mushrooms...with wine. For Valentine's Day. :)

I've been a little less busy at work this week, which gave me a little more time to cook and blog!

I made 2 loaves of bread the other day, using Julie's wonderful gluten free recipe; it was as good as I remembered. The commercial gluten free breads I've tried are disgusting, but this bread is so much like "real" bread it's amazing. It's not only delicious, but it's soft and pliable and slices well and stays fresh on the counter for days. I've posted the bread recipe on my other blog, so if you're interested click on the link and go check it out.



I never reported on how the Crockpot Mole recipe from the other week turned out; I did take a picture but didn't get a chance to upload it until today.


It was INCREDIBLE. I had originally planned to use chicken but found some beef in the freezer that really needed to be used right away, so we had Beef Mole. The sauce is just as rich as it looks, and you can taste more than a hint of chocolate. I originally got the recipe from Stephanie's Crockpot blog, but have now posted it on my recipe blog. If you want the recipe, click here. We had a lot left and froze it so that I could have a night off from cooking sometime in the near future.

No comments: