Monday, October 26, 2009

Gluten Free Menu Plan - Week of October 26th

Hi there; yes, I have a menu (of sorts) to present. I say "of sorts" because these are my thoughts at the moment.....and these are the dinners for which I have all the ingredients. :)

My life is a bit turbulent right now; I don't feel well, being in the midst of a lupus flare. I'm having other symptoms which are almost certainly NOT lupus (but I don't really want to know what's causing them....not just yet). This makes it difficult to know what I might be able to make on any given day. If I'm having a good day, I can make the Beef Enchiladas, which are a bit work-intensive. If not, well.....I'll make the Crockpot Beef in Pomegranate Sauce.

So here are the dinners I have in mind for this week, but I don't know which day I will make what, nor do I know for certain I will actually be able to make all of them. Note that both Eggplant Parmesan and Kay's Fish Pie are in the list again, because I didn't actually make the Eggplant Parm last week, and my DH requested Fish Pie again this week, even though we had it less than two weeks ago:

Crockpot Beef in Pomegranate Sauce

Eggplant Parmesan

White Chicken Chili

Kay's Fish Pie

Beef Enchiladas with grain-free "tortillas"
(I will post the recipe in the very near future)

Breakfast Quiche, Elana's Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

So what do I do if I feel REALLY bad one night and can't make any of these, you ask? Some of my "go-to" meals in that case involve super-easy quick meals or even meals involving boxes and cans (gluten free but with other grains, in most cases):

Scrambled eggs, bacon, homemade biscuits
Mrs. Leeper's Tuna Casserole, salad
Hot dogs and baked beans, salad
Hot dogs and Trader Joe's Macaroni and Cheese

OR.....in case of a real disaster (if I'm in bed or something), my DH can go out and get gluten free take out; Garlic Jim's gf pizza, or Old Spaghetti Factory's gf Baked Chicken and Pasta, or even a gf roasted chicken or two from Costco.

Well, sometimes we do that even if I'm NOT in bed! :)

No comments: