Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Day of Thanksgiving - looking back, looking ahead

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time at all, you know that I'm still having serious health problems, exactly one year after going gluten free. But (and this is an important "but"), my health is better than it was one year ago, even with my new diagnosis of rhupus and being in the midst of a rhupus "flare".

My gastric problems from celiac disease are gone (diarrhea, bloating, abdominal cramps), as are the mouth sores and the daily hideous migraines! What a blessing!!

Today is the day to count our blessings (although we should be counting them every day!). So I told myself that I was going to make a list of at least a few of the things that I'm thankful for (not in any particular order, and not a complete list by any means):
  • I am still here, still breathing!
  • I am better than I was a year ago; all of my conditions may go into remission eventually.
  • I have a wonderful husband and family who love me.
  • In this terrible economy, even with my health problems, I still have both of my jobs.
  • I love Jesus, and He is my life.
Of course, I don't know what the future holds, but I will continue down the dietary path I'm on. In the beginning I was just gluten free, now I'm trying to be grain free too. There are so many testimonies out there on the Web by people who experienced miraculous recoveries from various autoimmune diseases when they went grain free....I am still very hopeful.

Are you thankful for anything today? :)

No comments: