Saturday, November 14, 2009

So what HAVE we been eating lately, anyway?

I didn't post a menu again, because we're still in a "flying by the seat of our pants" mode right now. We are not completely grain free but are getting closer all the time.

Recently for dinner we've had:

Crockpot Garlic Chicken, green salad, mashed potatoes
Salmon Kabayaki (from Elana, who got it from Jaden), steamed broccoli


Crockpot Chili, green salad, grain-free biscuits



Broiled steak with mushrooms and garlic in a red wine reduction, green salad

Breakfasts usually consist of eggs and fruit, or cottage cheese, or some of the grain free muffins I've been experimenting with....for lunch I've been recycling dinner leftovers a lot. For example, I used leftover Garlic Chicken to make a Clementine Chicken Salad with Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette dressing:


So we're eating healthier now....but with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I anticipate difficulties. Wow, I need to think about the Thanksgiving menu pretty soon now, don't I?

More on a gluten free Thanksgiving soon....

No comments: