Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Menu - Grain Free, Sugar Free

We have decided to do Thanksgiving completely grain and sugar free this year....and due to my current state of health (in the middle of a rhupus flare), I need it to be SIMPLE.

Here is my plan:

Turkey Breast in the Crockpot (from Stephanie)

Baked Sweet Potatoes

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Whole Cranberry Sauce (sweetened with Stevia)

Steamed Broccoli

Mushrooms Parmesan (old family recipe: saute 1 lb mushrooms in butter until just wilted; make a parmesan cheese sauce from butter, arrowroot, cream and milk, pepper, nutmeg, plus 1/2 C or more grated parmesan; fold mushrooms into cheese sauce and pour into baking dish. Top with crumbs - can use crumbs from a grain-free biscuit - and more parmesan and bake at 350 until bubbly and top is beginning to brown.)

Grain Free Biscuits

Pumpkin Pie (sweetened with Stevia) with Almond Flour Crust (see Elana's Cookbook)

Whipped Cream sweetened with Stevia

NOTE: Since I usually tweak recipes a little I do plan to post my own versions on my Recipe Archive blog at some point, but wanted you (the reader) to have links to the sites that are my current inspirations, just in case this helps you plan your own Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful one!!

No comments: