Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Notes from Oregon

Well, I didn't expect to be able to post anything during our vacation, but here I am, posting! :)

We arrived here Sunday evening, and went to eat at McGrath's Fish House in Medford because they have a gluten free menu. Really good food, very reasonable prices!

We've rented a three-bedroom home for a week so that we can be comfortable and cook gluten free. Had to bring some of our own utensils and pots and pans to avoid being glutened; I even brought one of my Crockpots.

I'm currently making a HUGE batch of the Obama Family Chili in the Crockpot, and I plan to make Kay's Fish Pie, Kay's Pasta Gratin, and Garlic Chicken for other dinners later in the week. We may go out to Outback once as they also have a gluten free menu, but they are more expensive than McGrath's.

No comments: