Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Meals and Meal Planning

I think I need to start actually planning my meals in advance and sticking to the plan. Lots of the bloggers I follow do this. It's just hard for me to commit to following a menu plan! Mostly because I never know exactly how I'll be feeling in the evening (fibromyalgia, etc.).

Well, here is a list of my recent meals...this isn't exactly a menu plan. I need to write this stuff down BEFORE I cook it! LOL! Oh, well. Maybe this is the first step.

Recent Meals:

  • Saturday: Breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon and Pamela's gluten free pancakes with homemade syrup. We had broiled lamb chops, twice-baked potatos, and miscellaneous veggies for dinner.
  • Sunday: Pizza omelette for breakfast (marinara sauce, pepperoni, mozzerella, parmesan, mushrooms, garlic), and Mrs. Leeper's Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo plus salad for dinner.
  • Monday: Cottage cheese for breakfast, leftover Chicken Alfredo for lunch; dinner was grilled polish sausage and a baked potato.
  • Tuesday: Cottage cheese for both breakfast AND lunch, Mrs. Leeper's Gluten Free Beef Lasagna plus garlic peas and mushrooms for dinner.

By the way, Mrs. Leeper's is a brand sold at our local Whole Foods Market in the gluten free section. It's kind of like a gluten-free Hamburger (or Chicken or Tuna) Helper. It's not too bad, but I usually add things to it, like spices or herbs or Parmesan cheese or something to liven it up a little.

Clearly I've been taking it easy in the kitchen for the past few days. :)

I want to make a breakfast dinner, and some sort of crockpot dinner or two. We need nice warm comfort food; it's been COLD here...tonight we may get snow down to 1500 feet or even lower, which means that it may snow here in Glendora!

No comments: