Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Menu plan? Maybe not yet....

This isn't the week to start doing menu plans, because I'm still grading papers from the Math class I taught this semester! I've been taking it easy so far this week; on Sunday DH brought home Pei Wei food (they have a gluten free menu and I didn't get glutened!), and last night we simply had nachos for dinner (not the healthiest but fast!).

For Christmas Eve Paul's mother is coming over and I want to make something that she will like, so I think I'm making either chicken enchiladas or lasagna (gluten free of course). For Christmas Day breakfast I want to try a make-ahead, refrigerate-overnight gluten free cinnamon roll recipe I found on celiac.com, while for dinner we will have honeybaked ham and turkey breast, garlic mashed potatos, rolls, green beans, mushrooms parmesan, cranberry sauce, and perhaps pumpkin cheesecake and cherry pie for dessert.

Recently one of the quickest meals I've made has been fish tacos: microwave two or three tilapia fillets (0r other mild white fish) with butter and lemon or lime pepper seasoning, quick-fry corn tortillas in a small amount of hot oil and bend them to form taco shells while still warm, serve with your favorite fish taco toppings, such as shredded cabbage, sour cream, tomatos, salsa, cheese, etc. Wonderful!!! We've had those a lot lately! :)

More soon on the topic of menus and meals.....

No comments: