Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gluten Free Menu Plan For This Week

It's almost Monday again! DH spent most of the day today at various grocery stores (Costco, Trader Joe's, etc.) so we're all stocked up and I have a plan for the dinners this week:

Monday: Cheese-stuffed meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas with garlic and mushrooms

(Sandra, you make meatloaf exactly the way I do, except for the cheese - which is a brilliant addition! But I won't use saltine crackers in the meatloaf...I'll use gf breadcrumbs)

Tuesday: Fish Tacos (made with baked tilapia, corn tortillas softened in a bit of hot oil, topped with shredded red cabbage, grated cheese, and salsa), green salad

Wednesday: Crockpot Chili (Obama Family Recipe), gluten free cornbread

(in the spirit of bipartisanship I will also have to make McCain's BBQ Ribs in the Crockpot soon! LOL!)

Thursday: Crockpot Chicken Mole, rice, corn tortillas, salad

Friday: Hamburgers with gluten free buns, potato salad, carrot and celery sticks

(I make my potato salad with small red potatoes, green onions, celery, a dressing made from mayonnaise and sour cream - about 1/2 and 1/2, dill weed, dry mustard, salt and pepper. It's simple but yummy!)

Saturday: Leftovers (or go out to eat!)

Sunday: Chicken Rice Casserole, steamed broccoli

No comments: