Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So far, so good

I have actually stuck to my menu plan thus far! Yay!

Things are going fairly well. I haven't been glutened lately (it helps when you're cooking all your own food and you've actually created a gluten-free environment in your kitchen!).

The Thai Chicken Curry turned out very well. We all had it for dinner on Monday; Matthew loved it and even Emma ate a little bit, and she is PICKY! :)

I had some for dinner tonight, too! Yum!

A little side topic...dinner tonight was a nice ending to a TERRIBLE commute home. I live in Southern California, in Los Angeles County, so these things happen. But this was the worst I had encountered in a long time.

I had a doctor's appointment late this afternoon; I left the doctor's office at 5:00pm. I got home at 8:15pm. Please note that I live only 15 miles from my doctor's office!!!

There was an accident on the 210 freeway this morning....a tanker truck turned over and spilled tar all over the freeway. They closed the freeway in the morning and didn't re-open it until nearly 5:30pm. So every surface street for miles around was moving at approximately 1 mile per hour; after they re-opened the freeway, the freeway was moving at maybe 2 miles per hour.

I tried EVERY street, every different way to get home that I knew of and no matter what I did I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to VENT!!

I'm really glad tonight was leftover night!! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Grrrrr.... I hate those traffic situations... Makes you just wanna get out and WALK !!
I just popped over to say Welcome to the Celiac club .. or to offer my condolences .. giggle.. whichever you prefer !
If you have any questions or I can help in any way .. please feel free to contact me. Thanks for your comment on the MGCC blog and letting me know you enjoyed my bread ! Its always nice to know how my recipes work for someone else!
I enjoyed my visit on your blog !!

JoAnn said...

Thanks, Julie! I love your blog and the wonderful gluten free recipes!

JoAnn