Monday, January 26, 2009

Is the GF diet helping? Part II

After I babbled about my health issues in the previous "Is the GF Diet Helping?" post, a scripture came to mind....

(2nd Corinthians 12:10): "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

It's difficult at first glance to grasp what the Apostle Paul meant here...did he literally "take pleasure in infirmities"??

But I have to admit that when I reach the end of myself, when there is nothing that I can do with my limited human strength and resources, if I have the faith to rest in the Lord's hands and stop striving to FIX everything using my mortal understanding, I find a certain joy that is unattainable any other way.

He is in control.

No comments: